Congratulations to Ruth of Rhradcliffedesigns.etsy.com. She is the winner of this weeks' Hot shop~
I have always been a fan. She is an amazing artist. Take a look in her shop and you'll agree.
Here is her interview. Lets get to know her better~
1. Who is rhradcliffedesigns? Rhradcliffedesigns is the alter ego of ruth hill radcliffe. (as well as elephantdreams and earwingsandthings ). Its been my umbrella for the past 20 years covering all the art and life I live.
2) What kind of crafting/art do you do? How long have you been doing it? Wow, let's see. I've been making and living art since I was in elementary school. I love painting (both art wise and walls), drawing and photography. I also love learning new mediums and have flirted with mosaics, weaving, fiber work and jewelry. I am dying to learn to knit.
3) Where do you pull your inspiration from? Not to sound too trite, but the world around me. I'm drawn to bright colors, patterns and textures.
4) What is your favorite medium? This is a tough one to answer. But I would have to say there is a tie between photography and painting. Photos provide a jumping off point for just about everything I do, and painting is an off shoot of what I see behind the lens.
5) Is etsy your full time job, or just a side project? I would love to say it was my full time job and it does take up much of my time, but I would also have to say its just an expression of who I am and the inspiration to keep working even when financial times are tough. It's nice to say "oh I have an ETC challenge" and have it produce a different and unique piece of art. Etsy is also my social network at the moment.
6)What is your favorite thing to do with the Etsy Texas craft Team? I love the swaps both promo and gift. I also like the sharing during Monday sales events.
7) Any tips for other Artists? Inspire yourself. See what you do as the jumping off point, not unlike working in a series and letting one thing flow into something else. Its amazing how far you can take one idea.
8)Tell me a secret about yourself. Well, if I told it wouldn't be a secret. But I'd say it would be the fact I'm a died in the wool introvert. This doesn't come across on the internet since you're behind a screen.
Thanks Ruth for sharing about yourself and your art.
Want to become next week's Hot Shop? Take a look in Ruth's shop, rhradcliffedesigns.etsy.com and post back here with your favorite item. You'll be entered in next week's drawing!