She creates lovely graphic designs and offers anything from Wedding invitations and seating charts to custom business cards and business logos with a few fun cupcake flags and banners thrown in. Here is a sampling of her shop and questions she was so kind to answer. Lets get to know her~
1. Who is GoAgainstTheGrain? My name is Laurel, I just turned 27 and I live in Tomball, Tx with my hubby of 9 months and our 2 boxer pups.
2. What kind of crafting/art do you do? How long have you been doing it? I like to try lots of different things but my main craft is graphic design. I got my BA in communications and an MA in graphic design. I've always been drawn to using the computer for crafting.
3. Where do you pull your inspiration from? As lame as it sounds... from everywhere. I think the best part is when something you wouldn't expect to inspire you does! I read a lot of magazines and blogs and pull ideas from there.
4. What is your favorite medium? Graphic Design.
5. Is Etsy your art your full time job, or just an on the side project? It is a side project. I am the Creative Director for a magazine for a national trade association. I started my etsy shop while planning my wedding.
6. What is your favorite thing to do with the Etsy Texas Crafters Team? I love the different Monday challenges that go on. Even if I don't always participate in the challenge itself I love looking at the work of other team members.
7. Any tips for other Artists? Have fun! Also don't get discouraged. Like anything there are slow times and busy times.
8. Tell me a Secret about yourself. My thumbs are double jointed!
You can see more of Laurel's work on her blog as well as find out about a fun giveaway she is hosting on her blog, http://www.agoodbuild.wordpress.com/.
Want to be featured next? Go to and check out her shop GoAgainstTheGrain.Etsy.com. Post back here with your favorite item of hers. Friday I'll pick a new team member to feature.