BesemNaturalScents.etsy.com is our Hot Shop for this week! Congratulations.
Here you can learn more about her:
1. My name is Wendy and I have a wonderful husband and 5 little helpers who assist in the sorting and packaging of my candles and soap. I began Besem Natural Scents when we were in the process of adopting 2 of our children from Kazakhstan. I now donate 10% of profits towards orphan relief and offer fundraisers for families who are in the adoption process.
2. I have been making candles for almost 6 years and soap for
3. I have studied aromatherapy and the benefits of using natural plant essences and essential oils. I blend my own scents and make natural palm/beeswax blend pillar candles and old fashioned cold-process soap.
4. I love experimenting and blending scents. Sometimes I think I was born in the wrong place--I should be "the nose" in a beautiful little perfumery in the heart of Paris =). I also love the design aspect. I have enjoyed creating a brand. I make all of my labels and brochures and business cards.
5. At the moment, I love making soap. Every time I unmold a new batch, it is like Christmas. I have a new black licorice soap with activated charcoal that is almost cured. I can't wait to take pictures and get it listed. Each bar is a big black chunk that smells so good--and it's great for your skin!
6. I homeschool 4 of my 5 children, so that is my main focus. Making candles and soap is my creative escape and I am so happy that 3 of my children are showing interest in learning and helping with each step of the process. I hope that my sales continue to grow so that I can make it a full time business as my kiddos get older.
7. I try to set limits on how much time I spend on the computer, so I haven't been very involved with the team. I really like the first Monday sale, though, and have made several sales and found some great new shops that way. I plan on getting more involved during the summer when my schedule is a bit more open.
8. I think it is important to enjoy what you are doing--obviously not all of it, who really enjoys paperwork and taxes? It shows if you are confident in what you create. Take good pictures, or have someone else take them for you. You shouldn't put all that effort into creating and then not have it stand out and look beautiful.
9. Hmmm...a secret about me...Ikea is my favorite store. I love watching people and hearing so many different languages in one place. It reminds me of the International terminal at the airport--only with more comfortable chairs!
Check out her shop. It's amazing~ She wants to offer a 20% off sale to EtsyTx members. Write EtsyTx in the message to seller and she'll either refund the difference or send you a revised invoice.
Want to be featured next? Go to BesemNaturalScents.etsy.com and check out her shop. Post back here with your favorite item of hers. Friday I'll pick a new team member to feature.