Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Project for Kids in Hospital


Passing along a request from Brandy of BrandyInTheSky....

Many years ago I was in the hospital 2 Christmases in a row. When I was 10 & 11. I recall the wonderful presents and decorations people brought to my room to give me some Christmas cheer. It meant a lot, and still does. There was the mini tree, the handmade stocking, the teddy bears, handmade cards, etc.

With Christmas almost upon us and a loved one in the hospital now, I have remembered those times and wish to brighten up the rooms of children here who will be in the hospital on Christmas. We have several hospitals here, including Driscoll Children's Hospital. My hope is to make and receive donated handmade Christmas decorations, ornaments, etc. to take to the hospital (or hospitals, if I can) so that the children will have a pretty room and some of that Christmas cheer we all enjoy so much at home.

If you can help in any way, please contact me at brandyinthesky@me.com. I am looking for fairytale, storybook style decorations, but any donation is greatly appreciated.

Thank you and God Bless!

No comments: