Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday Tutorial - Pretty Little Gift Pouch

Angie, of AngieHallHaviland, has graciously allowed me to share her Pretty Little Gift Pouch tutorial with you. This wonderful tutorial was originally published on Paper Imagery Designs blog...


I saw an ad recently on a magazine for a new green magazine and there was a toilet tissue roll made into a gift pouch. I really really love to recycle, reuse, and repurpose everything I can. I wanted my Toilet tissue roll gift pouch to be reusable...what good is recycling if the person you give it to throws it right in the trash?? and of course I wanted it to be pretty :O)

The possibilities are endless for these Pretty Little Gift Pouches....For mine I used scraps and had a blast making it. They are a wonderful size...they will hold a necklace, charms, little goodies, a gift card or something everyone loves $. I'm thinking come Christmas time...add a ribbon for hanging and put them on the tree :)

So you will need.....
Toilet Tissue Roll
Paper and/or trim scraps
glue
hole punch
ribbon
misc. items (I even used a candy wrapper from my current favorite chocolates)
Image from Paper Imagery Designs
acrylic paint

I painted my tissue roll with an off white acrylic paint and let it dry. Then flattened my tissue roll and glued the bottom closed (put close pins on it to hold it closed while drying). I then glued on papers, pieces of foil candy wrapper, and this sweet little PID image....added a scrap of lace and a flower and button center. Then I punched holes in the top. I added the surprise gift to the inside and then strung a length of ribbon into the holes and tied a bow. That's it. FUN!!


Thanks again, Angie, for allowing me to re-post your tutorial!!!

Have a tutorial you'd like to recommend for our blog? E-mail the information (and link) to us at etsytx@gmail.com and you just might see it here!

2 comments:

LindaGJ said...

Oh How absolutely CUTE Angie!!! What a fabulous idea and I just love the one you came up and yes, it's very pretty!
Linda :)

refabulous said...

Such a lovely idea! Thank you for sharing your tutorial!
--Connie