Congratulations Rebekah from SunnyBrookFarmDesigns. She is our Hot Shop of the Week!
Sit back, grab a cup of tea and enjoy Rebekah's interview and her lovely items.
1. Who is SunnybrookFarmDesigns? My name is Rebekah, I live in the DFW area. I named my business after the children's book by Kate Douglas Wiggin - it's a charming old-fashioned story that embodies the sweetness of childhood which inspires the romantic look that I love creating in my designs.
2. What kind of crafting/art do you do? How long have you been doing it? I've been sewing as a business for about 5 years, and before that I sewed, crocheted, and even cross-stitched as hobbies since childhood.I primarily design and sew boutique girls' clothing (mostly one-of-a-kinds) and occasionally I make hairflowers and other accessories (including things for grown-ups!) when the crafty mood strikes. You'll also see a vintage item in my shop now and then, as I love vintage treasures.
3. Where do you pull your inspiration from? The beautiful fabrics I work with, as well as looking through home decorating books and magazines (you'd be surprised how the colors and styles that look good in a room also come together well for clothing!)
4. What is your favorite medium? Fabric of course :)
5. Is Etsy your art your full time job, or just an on the side project? My full-time job is being a wife, mother & homeschool teacher to our 2 girls. My business has allowed me to stay home with my kids while earning an on-the-side income.
6. What is your favorite thing to do with the Etsy Texas Crafters Team? So far, I've had the most fun with the monthly Design Challenge. Even if I don't have an entry for the month, I still like to go through everyone's entries to see the vast creativity out there! And then I vote, of course!
7. Any tips for other Artists? Do things you love. Don't try to make things that you have seen other people make just because they sell, for then your product looks forced or uninteresting (because it was uninteresting to you when you made it!) Instead, go for what you really enjoy, even if that means switching off between art forms occasionally to stay inspired.
8. Tell me a Secret about yourself. I love driving, and one day I'd love to have a cute little convertible, just to have the wind in my hair while I drive to the grocery store!
Thanks for sharing with us~
Do you want to be featured next week? Visit Rebecka's shop and post back here with your favorite item. I'll pick a new shop next week to feature.